Finding the best Eczema clothing for toddlers and children can be difficult. If your youngster suffers from sensitive skin, you’ll know just how uncomfortable the wrong materials can be. The last thing you want as a parent is to see your child suffering from itching and discomfort.
Unfortunately, Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is relatively common. It affects around 20% of children, according to some studies, as well as 10% of adults. Eczema sufferers often seek hypoallergenic toiletries, clothing, and other personal items to reduce any eczema trigger.
While treating and managing eczema often requires a multi-faceted approach, investing in the right clothing can be an excellent way to minimize skin irritation for your child.
Bamboo clothing, with its ultra-soft supple fibers, is wonderful for eczema prone skin. Not only is it buttery-soft to the touch, but it’s hypoallergenic and antibacterial. Here’s what you need to know to select the ideal garments for your child’s delicate skin.
Eczema and Children’s Skin: What You Need to Know
The first step in choosing the best eczema clothing for toddlers and children is understanding how this condition can affect your child’s skin. Atopic dermatitis is the most common form of eczema, and the condition often causes the irritated skin to become itchy, dry, and cracked.
Unfortunately, atopic dermatitis is more common in children and babies than adults. Experts aren’t sure what causes the problem, but researchers believe environmental allergens and genetics both play a part in rash flare-ups. Usually, eczema is a long-term (chronic) condition, but it can be treated and managed with treatment. .
Avoiding environmental factors that trigger eczema, such as chemicals (used in clothing dyes), harsh materials, and certain cleansers, can help to soothe your child’s skin. With the right strategy, you can even prevent eczema rashes from turning into blisters, breaking down crucial skin barriers.
What to Look for in Clothing for Sensitive Skin
Some materials can worsen the side-effects of atopic dermatitis and eczema. Clothing made from wool and synthetic materials, such as polyester and latex, often irritate and inflame skin. Many of these products also include chemical dyes, which can initiate allergic reactions.
Alongside the right skincare routine, the correct clothing strategy can make a huge difference when it comes to treating and managing eczema symptoms. In fact, clothing can even help reduce the symptoms of a range of skin conditions, from roscea to psoriasis.
The most important things to look for when buying clothing for sensitive skin include:
- Silky soft materials: Soft, supple materials are less likely to rub and chafe against the skin, causing bacteria to spread and rashes to inflame.
- Chemical free garments: Avoid products made with chemicals and synthetic dyes, as these often irritate the skin and make discomfort worse.
- Breathable fabrics: Breathable fabrics allow air to circulate easily, keeping skin cool, and reducing the risk of further inflammation.
- Coverage: For younger children, good coverage can be a great way to minimize the risk of scratching, which can cause rashes and blisters to bleed.
- Antibacterial: Antibacterial and hypoallergenic materials minimize bacteria growth, which means skin is less likely to flare up.
Why is Bamboo Clothing Perfect for Sensitive Skin?
Bamboo stands as one of the most attractive natural choices for any child with sensitive skin. If you’re looking for the best eczema clothing for children, bamboo offers a host of benefits. It’s ultra-soft, lightweight, and breathable. It’s also great for wicking moisture away from skin, minimizing bacterial growth, and reducing the risk of infections.
Bamboo fabric contains millions of microscopic gaps, making it ideal for thermoregulation all-year round. It also remains soft wash after wash, and is manufactured with absolutely no dangerous chemicals. As one of the world’s fastest growing plants, bamboo doesn’t require the use of pesticides to improve its growth.
At Sweet Bamboo, our unique fabric provides an unbeatable blend of comfort and durability. This means our garments stand the test of time, while providing the comfort your child needs.
Our products are all-natural, with no harmful chemicals or fire retardant materials included.. As an added bonus, when you choose bamboo as the fabric for your child’s clothing, you know you’re protecting the planet too. Bamboo fabric is wonderfully environmentally friendly, and safe for the planet. Plus, it can be customized with a range of exciting patterns to suit any style.
How Does Bamboo Compare to Other Fabrics?
The world of fabric is versatile, and brimming with choices to suit all needs. Cotton, wool, and bamboo are popular for children's and baby clothes. However, each material has its benefits and drawbacks. For instance:
- Wool: Wool is a more durable fabric that is less likely to tear or fray, plus it is very accessible. However, it can be scratchy and irritate sensitive skin. Wool can also be quite heavy on sensitive skin, which may increase discomfort.
- Cotton: Cotton is a soft fabric that is incredibly breathable, gentle on the skin, and highly absorbent. This causes cotton clothing to retain moisture - including saliva and sweat - which can aggravate eczema.
- Silk: Silk is a wonderfully soft and luxurious fabric, with excellent breathability. However, it lacks the durability of other fabrics. It’s also much more expensive than bamboo, and can be much more difficult to clean.
While silk, cotton, and wool all have their benefits, bamboo stands out as the ultimate solution for sensitive skin. It’s moisture-wicking, antibacterial, and wonderfully soft, but it also offers excellent durability, to ensure you can get the most out of your child’s wardrobe.
Choosing the Right Eczema Clothing for Toddlers
Choosing the best eczema clothing for toddlers with sensitive skin can be tough. Though there are a number of options out there that claim to be soft and hypoallergenic, few options compare with bamboo. Bamboo clothing is the perfect solution for any child with skin sensitivity.
Bamboo fabrics are soft and breathable, wonderfully durable, and environmentally friendly, making them a great choice for any fashionable family.